We are excited to announce that the Harlem Library will be reopening on June 2.
The library will be operating with limited hours and services as follows:
- Open Tuesdays 8 AM – 4 PM & Thursdays 10 AM – 7 PM to the public.
- Available Services will include:
- Checking out materials
- Computer use, 15 minute sessions only
- There will only be 3 adult computers available
- There will be:
- No Study Room usage
- No Meeting room usage
- No In-House Programming, Virtual programming will continue
- No Children’s Toys
- No Seating, except for the available computers
- Only Credit and Debit cards will be accepted for payment of fines.
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays for appointments only.
- Appointments are for:
- High Risk Patrons
- Patrons needing assistance using the computer
- Appointments will need to be made by calling 706-650-5009
- Staff has the right to decline appointment requests.
Other important information:
- Occupancy will be limited to 10 patrons in the building at a time.
- Returned items will still be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in.
- The Friends of the Library bookstore will remain closed until further notice.
- Curbside Pickup Service will continue to be offered for all patrons.
- We are not able to accept any volunteers. We are still not accepting donations.
While the health and safety of staff and patrons is our top concern, we are not requiring masks or gloves at this time. We do ask that you please respect the rules of social distancing and the personal space of others. If you have or have had, in the last 2 weeks, any COVID-19 symptoms please do not come to the library, use Curbside Pickup instead.
We are excited to be able to reopen, but please be safe.
A PDF of these guidelinesis available here.